We help you successfully manage the Pre-Pack Admin process
A Pre-Pack Admin is a challenging situation for the directors to handle and expert help and advice will ensure you come through it successfully with your business reputation intact and start again.
What is a ‘Pre-Pack Admin’ and How does it work
A pre-pack allows the sale of your insolvent company’s business and assets to be agreed before the company formally enters an insolvency process, and the deal is completed immediately after a licenced insolvency practitioner (IP) is appointed. The company can be sold to a third party including to the existing directors operating under a new company
It is used to protect the value remaining in the business when it is facing financial distress and overcome by cashflow problems, and threats of a winding up petition from creditors and HMRC.
It is important to act fast and speak to a turnaround specialist as this option is not permitted after a petition has been issued.
Clarity Transformation can help you successfully start again.
What are the warning signs and when should you use a pre-pack?
Here are the warning signs:
- Severe cashflow problems
- HMRC pressure
- Bank reduces or threatens to withdraw facilities
- Landlords issuing threats
- Trade creditors threatening action including a winding-up petition
- Directors concerned about wrongful trading and personal risk.
- Onerous contracts and property leases, excess staff, suffered a loss of market share, and profit margins have eroded.
Here are the conditions for a successful outcome
- You have identified potential buyers for the business which can include the existing directors of the company trading under a new company, or a third party.
- The underlying business is viable and has a strong chance of trading successfully and profitably in the future.
- To do this successfully requires the support of highly experienced turnaround professionals who can make sure your business is returned to health, and given another chance to prosper.
What Are The Benefits?
- Save jobs
- Provide a better return for creditors who would otherwise likely get nothing in a liquidation
- The business is sold discreetly without going to the open market. This preserves maximum value for the benefit of creditors and staff and provides the best outcome.
- Raise new finance and replace existing financiers with specialists in turning around and recovering businesses.
How Much Does It Cost?
The good news is that there are no upfront costs which is really useful when cash is tight. They are paid from the proceeds of sale with the creditors approval.
We will discuss these with you during our free consultation.
We will work out the best option for you, with you.
How Does It Work?
- Consult with turnaround specialists practitioners who can advise the best way to achieve this. All options including are considered before deciding
- A business plan is produced for the new company that will be created to as part of the pre-pack process
- The business is marketed to potential buyers discreetly, to protect it from losing goodwill and stakeholder confidence which could destroy any remaining value. If no interest is received from potential buyers, the business can be sold to the existing directors trading under the ‘newco’. However, if other offers are received, your bid would compete against them.
It is important to have a turnaround specialist to advise and guide you to a successful outcome in the best interest of the business, its creditors and other stakeholders.
- Finance the purchase
- You will need the finance to fund the acquisition of the assets and business.
- Pre-pack sale process
- Appoint the experts to complete the process.
"Obi is unique combining the skills of a CEO and a CFO. Obi understands businesses and how to make them fly. He is highly intelligent, personable and achieves results. The sort of person that you want on your team."
“He gets things done through his highly collaborative management style and with persuasive leadership. I have seen Obi inspire clinical engagement and gain buy-in from executive peers and divisional leadership teams – often in highly charged or challenging situations. He will take an integrated approach to often conflicting goals by linking finance, quality and operational priorities to deliver sustainable financial, quality and operational improvements.”
“Obi is highly intelligent. He understands how hospitals work and this allows him to deliver results. He will gain buy in and co-operation from clinicians, finance and operations to ensure your goals are achieved. He has a wealth of experience to draw upon in order to transform services, save money and engage staff - I needed a solution rather than a series of quick short-term wins – Obi delivered this, and I would definitely engage him again if the need arose.”
"I worked with Obi on a senior leadership project for an international hospital. It was a pleasure to work with someone who has the same strong work ethic! He was professional, extremely knowledgeable and added immense value to the project."
- Tracy Bedwell, MD of global M&D company
Obi is a person who can make a real difference through his ability to understand the key challenges involved in a turnaround or business improvement situation. He can work with stakeholders to both formulate a turnaround or improvement plan but most importantly to get buy in and actually deliver the plan. He has experience of a wide variety of industries primarily with SME's in the private sector and in the NHS in the public sector.
Stephen Burke, FD and Transformation Specialist
I have worked with Obi on a number of projects and found him to be diligent, well informed, highly experienced and able to follow through and deliver his work. I would certainly recommend him for any consulting engagements.
Jonathan Webb, CEO Clarity Associates Ltd
I have known and worked with Obi for the last ten years on a number of different projects in the NHS. All of these assignments have been complex, challenging and have required clinical, operational and financial changes to be made at pace. What sets Obi apart is his ability to take people with him through these changes and to communicate them clearly and appropriately to those impacted. The client is always disappointed when the work is complete as Obi is a joy to work with and has a passion for ensuring that the changes made are sustainable and management teams and their staff develop their capabilities/capacity along the way.
Iain Alexander - Partner, PwC, Leader Government & Health Industries Restructuring
In these mad times it's great to find someone who can help you out of looming financial trouble so I was delighted to be introduced to Obi who brought clarity to my complex network of businesses. Once things became more settled, I expected to need to find someone else to review the growth and expansion plans for my media business, but again Obi was an invaluable consultant on a whole range of financial and business growth issues. Now pleased to work with him as our outsourced FD on contract.
Jack Chew, CEO Physio Matters, Therapy Live and Chews Health